The Big Systems Team:
From our humble beginning consisting of two partners starting up a business in 1994, the company has grown to include dedicated sales and customer service teams for our wide format and 3D equipment businesses. Our customer teams are supported by factory trained technicians that provide technical support as well as on-site service and training. Our corporate facility includes a customer demonstration center with a broad range of 2D and 3D print devices as well as a warehouse with an extensive inventory of ink, media and 3D supplies.
- December 1994: Big Systems is established by Dave Thornton and Jim Sernovitz. The company product line originated with Encad Novajet wide format printers.
- 1995 – 2007: the company product line continues to expand with new product offerings from HP, Canon, Epson, Mimaki and Gerber. Corresponding inventory supply of matched ink and medias are added to the product line.
- November 2008: The company is purchased by Joe Jones, a former sales and marketing executive from MillerCoors.
- September 2009: Big Systems launches a new brand and color identity and service mark:” Getting you to Brilliant” which will later be modified to “Print Brilliant”.
- November 2009: The company moves to a larger location in Menomonee Falls, WI
- August 2010: Our product demonstration center is expended to make room for HP Scitex products including the FB500 Flatbed / roll to roll printer and the subsequent introduction of the HP Latex series of printers.
- July 2013: Big Systems becomes and authorized dealer for 3D systems and their extensive portfolio of 3D equipment, Software and services.
- October 2014: The product demonstration center is expanded again to include colorjet, multijet and stereolithography print technology from 3D Systems
- December 2015: Added the Markforged 3D family of products – the world’s first carbon fiber 3D printing systems, which print durable nylon with embedded carbon fiber, fiberglass and Kevlar®